Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Power Rankings: March 31-April 14

Power Rankings: March 31-April 14
            Well we’ve had our first 2 weeks of baseball now and what a ride it’s been so far!  For anyone new to the blog here’s how it works for me.  I work on personal stats sheet and using that I work on a personal Power Rankings every 2 weeks.  So with that lets take a look at this weeks Power Rankings.
1)   Milwaukee Brewers
2)   Los Angeles Dodgers
3)   St. Louis Cardinals
4)   Oakland Athletics
5)   San Francisco Giants
6)   Atlanta Braves
7)   New York Yankees
8)   Washington Nationals
9)   Detroit Tigers
10)                  Boston Red Sox
            It really is a toss up for 1st on my rankings and while I don’t believe Milwaukee can sustain what its doing (a 1.97 ERA to a 2.94 FIP means some regression is bound to happen.) I decided to give them the number 1 spot and LA the number 2 slot.  Pitching was the name of the game for teams like Atlanta and Oakland and just enough hitting to win games.  Boston is the big one I’m sure people are questioning but they were last years champ and it’s tough not to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Bottom 5
26) Kansas City Royals
27) Minnesota Twins
28) Chicago Cubs
29) Houston Astros
30) Arizona Diamondbacks.

            Much like I don’t believe Milwaukee will be this good the rest of the season I don’t believe Kansas City is really this bad.  Their bats will wake up and their pitching is already doing very well so it’s a matter of time.  Chicago and Houston are right there and easily swappable but I decided Chicago did slightly less awful than Houston.  Though to be fair Houston bats just went dead and the bullpen gave up majority of their runs, both issues have already been looked into with the DFA of Lucas Harrell and the call up of George Springer.  What happened to Arizona?  I wasn’t on the bandwagon at the start of the season but I didn’t expect THIS bad.  They are currently on pace to not only break the record for worst record in MLB history they’re also on pace to allow the most runs in MLB history, this is a train wreak and I expect major changes coming very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment